Topic 4

This article reinforced my knowledge about open pedagogy. It describes more details about the 5Rs activity which illustrates the connection between open pedagogy and open education.  It brings us to consideration of renewable assignment and how it benefits open education.  A four-part test is provided to determine the extent to which specific teaching and learning practice qualifies as OER-enable pedagogy. The first test is used to examine students to think critically and contribute the work individually. Creating new artifacts is important because they combine your understanding within your artifacts; you can explain them more easily to others instead of using open resources. The second test is used to examine the quality of student’s work which can provide their contribution to the course topic. The third test is used to examine if the students’ work could be used on pubilc.  Last test is used to examine if the students are in charge of their work.

Our course is a great example that passed all test. Fisrt, we creat our own blog on WordPress; we share and discuss our opinions about open learning and distributed learning on this platform.  Second, our post might inspire other students on the learning goal. Third, we can set up our blogs to be open to pubic, so everyone are free to read and comment. Last, we are allow to edit and post any material relating to our work.

If I am a teacher, I am willing to use this open learning method on my teaching. Therefore, I would design tasks that pass these four tests. In my learning experience,  I really enjoyed the whole process of this course on distributed learning and open learning. I like to feel free to post my thoughts and recieve the comments from other which is a good way to improve my understanding on topic. I believe the open learning would help students engaging with learning material and expanding their thinking.